10 BEST Ways to Increase SALES for Functions, Events and Wedding Venues
- Is your Venue Diary looking quiet?
- Want to boost your function sales?
- Need more weddings or events ASAP?
Here are the 10 Best Ways to increase Function Sales for Venues – get more leads, convert more enquiries and get more repeat clients & referrals
HOW TO GET MORE NEW LEADS FOR EVENTS & FUNCTION ENQUIRIES (3 WAYS)
1. UPDATE YOUR WEBSITE – ADD LOTS MORE PAGES, PICTURES & FUNCTION INFORMATION
- The more function pages with pics and descriptions that you have, the more functions you will sell.
- Show and tell me about all the different types of functions and events you can do – use more event photos and videos online.
2. DEVELOP PLANS FOR YOUR OFF-PEAK EVENTS & FUNCTIONS TO FILL QUIET TIMES
- Think about who would use your venue in quiet times and find more of them.
3. USE MORE EVENT SIGNAGE – DON’T keep your functions & Events a secret!
- Put up signs inside and outside the venue showing prospects the various types of events you can offer. Even a basic “Function Space Available” or “Book Now for Xmas” sign displayed at the front of your venue will get more event prospects.
HOW TO CONVERT MORE EVENT ENQUIRIES INTO BOOKINGS (5 WAYS)
4. USE AN ENQUIRY SYSTEM – PHONE ENQUIRY SHEETS & EMAIL TEMPLATES
- A Rapid quality response to enquiries ensures more sales
- Put a stack of phone function enquiry sheets and make sure your team asks better questions.
- Develop Best Practice Email template to speed quality email responses
5. IMPROVE YOUR FUNCTIONS BROCHURE, MENUS & PRICING
- Update the quality of your brochure and menus. Review your pricing and packaging to make it more attractive for every type of function.
6. FILL UP YOUR FUNCTIONS DATABASE with ANY Prospects & ALL Your Past Clients
- Create a function database of prospects and clients – start with Excel or use Zoho – write them all down and keep in touch regularly (by enewsletters or email).
7. GET MORE PROOF – SEEK MORE ONLINE REVIEWS & GET MORE TESTIMONIALS
- Find clients that love you and ask for a written testimonial or video testimonial (use your phone).
- Ask guests and function buyers to write reviews about your events using online review sites.
8. FOLLOW UP SYSTEMATICALLY ANY ENQUIRIES & VENUE INSPECTIONS
- Use a system for following up your enquiries – again and again using different channels – email, phone, SMS, mail and social media chat channels if available.
HOW TO GET MORE REPEAT & REFERRAL BUSINESS (2 WAYS)
9. ALWAYS THANK EVERY FUNCTION CLIENT AFTER THE EVENT
- Make a follow up call and ask WHO else? and WHAT else can we do? – Send them a thank you card after the event.
- Send out a customer survey to find out how we can improve.
10. CALL LAST YEARS CLIENTS & PROSPECTS & RE-BOOK THEM AGAIN
- Pick up the phone & last year’s function diary and call your past customers AND past prospects.
LEARN TO ASK FOR REFERRALS EARLY TO GET MORE REPEAT & REFERRAL BUSINESS LATER
BONUS TIP – Use Simple Incentives to get your team involved in finding more function leads & enquiries! What gets Rewarded get REPEATED.
ABOUT THE BLOG AUTHOR – David Staughton CSP
Big Hat Professional Services can help you grow your hospitality business and improve your Function Event & Wedding Sales. David & Kevin can help you!
David Staughton CSP is an award-winning International keynote speaker, and experienced Small Business consultant. With over 15 years ‘hands on’ experience in the Hospitality industry, he speaks and consults on a wide range of hospitality business improvement in the areas of sales, staffing, service and strategy.
Kevin Kosky is a skilled business communications trainer. He is a specialist on inbound phone skills, presentation skills and delivering sales presentations. Kevin is an expert teacher of face to face communication skills like sales, supervision, and presentation skills.
If you would like to receive more Great IDEAS, NEWS & BLOGS for growing your hospitality business or the events industry please sign up to our e-newsletter.
You can also download some of the free HOSPITALITY E-BOOKS available on this website
This BLOG is a work in progress – If you have any suggestions please call Hospitality Expert David Staughton on 0408375100 or contact us
If you would like to improve your Venue Results or learn how to sell stacks more Functions & Events all year round come to a HOSPITALITY TRAINING WORKSHOP
www.bighat.com.au © David Staughton 2020 – All rights reserved