10 BEST Ways to Increase SALES for Functions, Events and Wedding Venues
- Is your Venue Diary looking quiet?
- Want to boost your function sales?
- Need more weddings or events ASAP?
Here are the 10 Best Ways to increase Function Sales for Venues – get more leads, convert more enquiries and get more repeat clients & referrals
HOW TO GET MORE NEW LEADS FOR EVENTS & FUNCTION ENQUIRIES (3 WAYS)
1. UPDATE YOUR WEBSITE – ADD LOTS MORE PAGES, PICTURES & FUNCTION INFORMATION
- The more function pages with pics and descriptions that you have, the more functions you will sell.
- Show and tell me about all the different types of functions and events you can do – use more event photos and videos online.
2. DEVELOP PLANS FOR YOUR OFF-PEAK EVENTS & FUNCTIONS TO FILL QUIET TIMES
- Think about who would use your venue in quiet times and find more of them.
3. USE MORE EVENT SIGNAGE – DON’T keep your functions & Events a secret!
- Put up signs inside and outside the venue showing prospects the various types of events you can offer. Even a basic “Function Space Available” or “Book Now for Xmas” sign displayed at the front of your venue will get more event prospects.
HOW TO CONVERT MORE EVENT ENQUIRIES INTO BOOKINGS (5 WAYS)
4. USE AN ENQUIRY SYSTEM – PHONE ENQUIRY SHEETS & EMAIL TEMPLATES
- A Rapid quality response to enquiries ensures more sales
- Put a stack of phone function enquiry sheets and make sure your team asks better questions.
- Develop Best Practice Email template to speed quality email responses
5. IMPROVE YOUR FUNCTIONS BROCHURE, MENUS & PRICING
- Update the quality of your brochure and menus. Review your pricing and packaging to make it more attractive for every type of function.
6. FILL UP YOUR FUNCTIONS DATABASE with ANY Prospects & ALL Your Past Clients
- Create a function database of prospects and clients – start with Excel or use Zoho – write them all down and keep in touch regularly (by enewsletters or email).
7. GET MORE PROOF – SEEK MORE ONLINE REVIEWS & GET MORE TESTIMONIALS
- Find clients that love you and ask for a written testimonial or video testimonial (use your phone).
- Ask guests and function buyers to write reviews about your events using online review sites.
8. FOLLOW UP SYSTEMATICALLY ANY ENQUIRIES & VENUE INSPECTIONS
- Use a system for following up your enquiries – again and again using different channels – email, phone, SMS, mail and social media chat channels if available.
HOW TO GET MORE REPEAT & REFERRAL BUSINESS (2 WAYS)
9. ALWAYS THANK EVERY FUNCTION CLIENT AFTER THE EVENT
- Make a follow up call and ask WHO else? and WHAT else can we do? – Send them a thank you card after the event.
- Send out a customer survey to find out how we can improve.
10. CALL LAST YEARS CLIENTS & PROSPECTS & RE-BOOK THEM AGAIN
- Pick up the phone & last year’s function diary and call your past customers AND past prospects.
LEARN TO ASK FOR REFERRALS EARLY TO GET MORE REPEAT & REFERRAL BUSINESS LATER
BONUS TIP – Use Simple Incentives to get your team involved in finding more function leads & enquiries! What gets Rewarded get REPEATED.
ABOUT Kevin Kosky & BIG HAT – Wedding & Venue Sales Training
Big Hat Professional Services provides Hospitality Workshops, Webinars and Training on Sales, Service & Strategy using Certified Speakers and Trainers like David & Kevin.
Kevin Kosky is a skilled business communications trainer. He is a specialist on inbound phone skills, presentation skills and delivering sales presentations. Kevin is an expert teacher of face to face communication skills like sales, supervision and presentation skills.
BIG HAT offers ….
- Hospitality Training Workshops & Public Training Workshops
- Sales Training & Customer Service Training Programs (In House)
- Conference Speaking & Breakouts
- Mentoring & Masterminds
- Business Growth Consulting & Advisory
NEXT STEPS WITH KEVIN
- Would you like to discuss Sales Training or Business Growth possibilities ?
- Would you like to discuss plans for an upcoming Workshop or Conference?
- Maybe an Online Consultation to discuss a challenging Business issue or review your website?
SUGGESTED ACTIONS TO TAKE
- Book a “1 on 1” Session for an Online Meeting about your Business or upcoming Conference
Book Evolve3 Function Sales Workshops here
If you would just like a chat or have any suggestions for this website please contact us
www.bighat.com.au (c) 2022