10 BEST Ways to Increase SALES for Functions, Events and Wedding Venues
Want to boost function sales? Need more weddings or events now?
Here are the 10 Best Ways to increase Function Sales for Venues – get more leads, convert more enquiries and get more repeat clients & referrals
3 BEST WAYS TO GET MORE NEW EVENT LEADS & FUNCTION ENQUIRIES
1. UPDATE YOUR WEBSITE – ADD LOTS MORE PAGES, PICTURES & FUNCTION INFORMATION
- The more function pages with pics and descriptions that you have, the more functions you will sell.
- Show and tell me about all the different types of functions and events you can do.
2. DEVELOP PLANS FOR YOUR OFF-PEAK EVENTS & FUNCTIONS TO FILL QUIET TIMES
- Think about who would use your venue in quiet times and find more of them.
3. USE MORE SIGNAGE – DON’T keep your functions & Events a secret!
- Put up signs inside and outside the venue showing prospects the various types of events you can offer. Even a basic “Function Space Available” or “Book Now for Xmas” sign displayed at the front of your venue will get more event prospects.
5 BEST WAYS TO CONVERT MORE EVENT ENQUIRIES INTO BOOKINGS
4. USE AN ENQUIRY SYSTEM – PHONE ENQUIRY SHEETS & EMAIL TEMPLATES
- A Rapid quality response to enquiries ensures more sales
- Put a stack of phone function enquiry sheets and make sure your team asks better questions.
- Develop Best Practice Email template to speed quality email responses
5. IMPROVE YOUR FUNCTIONS BROCHURE, MENUS & PRICING
- Update the quality of your brochure and menus. Review your pricing and packaging to make it more attractive for every type of function.
6. FILL UP YOUR FUNCTIONS DATABASE with ANY Prospects & ALL Your Past Clients
- Create a function database of prospects and clients – start with Excel or use Zoho – write them all down and keep in touch regularly (by enewsletters or email).
7. GET MORE PROOF – SEEK MORE ONLINE REVIEWS & GET MORE TESTIMONIALS
- Find clients that love you and ask for a written testimonial or video testimonial (use your phone).
- Ask guests and function buyers to write reviews about your events using online review sites.
8. SYSTEMISE YOUR FOLLOW UP OF ENQUIRIES & VENUE INSPECTIONS
- Systematically follow up your enquiries – again and again using different channels – email, phone, SMS, mail and social media channels if available.
2 WAYS TO GET MORE REPEAT & REFERRAL BUSINESS
9. ALWAYS THANK EVERY FUNCTION CLIENT AFTER THE EVENT
- Make a follow up call and ask WHO else? and WHAT else can we do? – Send them a thank you card.
- Send them a customer survey to find out how we can improve.
10. CALL LAST YEARS CLIENTS & PROSPECTS & RE-BOOK THEM AGAIN
- Pick up the phone & last year’s function diary and call your past customers AND past prospects.
LEARN TO ASK FOR REFERRALS EARLY TO GET MORE REPEAT & REFERRAL BUSINESS LATER
BONUS TIP – Use Simple Incentives to get your team involved in finding more function leads & enquiries!
What gets Rewarded gets REPEATED!
What you focus on EXPANDS!
Where your attention goes – MONEY flows!
Need more help with function sales and venue bookings?
David Staughton and Big Hat Hospitality Staff Training can help you grow your business.
- Customised management and sales training for the hospitality industry
- Business coaching for hospitality business
- Hospitality Staff training and service staff workshops
- Sales Training for Function Sales Staff and Venue managers
- Download our FREE eBooks
Contact us on 0408 375 100 or email us.