Using Your Restaurant Specials Board to Sell Better
Customers love a deal and they love something SPECIAL. Whether you sell food, drinks or accommodation you can use a specials board to focus their attention. In some venues, restaurants and bistros – selections from the specials board make up to 50% of the total sales.
You can make more profit and increase your GP% by encouraging your visitors and guests to buy from a selection of highly profitable special items.
There are many reasons why your customers choose from the specials board including:
- It’s Easy – A limited selection instead of the main menu
- It’s Different – for regulars – some people seek variety and something new
- A Special Effort has been made – Perceived effort from the chef
- It’s Fresher – Perceived freshness of product
- It’s great Value – It’s a deal or it’s cheaper
Reasons some businesses use the specials board
- Clearance and Disposal – Clean out the fridge or any slow moving stock
- Boost Margins – Got a great deal when buying some distressed stock or product
- Trial a new Dish – to check if a new item will be popular
You can make more money from your Specials board by promoting highly profitable and highly popular items (NOT just things to get rid of)
- Use good specials SIGNAGE – well written – chalkboard or texta
- Improve its DISPLAY – lights or featured, readable, at eye height and easily seen
- Give it extra FOCUS – promoted by the Waiter or on table tents
Offer specials that are very good, popular and different to the basic menu offering.
Some high margin suggestions include – Soups, Salads, Pastas, Breads, Chicken, Offal, Desserts. or High end steaks and wines.
Great graphics and Photos on the specials board REALLY Sell!
Make it special and make extra special profits!
ABOUT Kevin Kosky & BIG HAT – Wedding & Venue Sales Training
Big Hat Professional Services provides Hospitality Workshops, Webinars and Training on Sales, Service & Strategy using Certified Speakers and Trainers like David & Kevin.
Kevin Kosky is a skilled business communications trainer. He is a specialist on inbound phone skills, presentation skills and delivering sales presentations. Kevin is an expert teacher of face to face communication skills like sales, supervision and presentation skills.
BIG HAT offers ….
- Hospitality Training Workshops & Public Training Workshops
- Sales Training & Customer Service Training Programs (In House)
- Conference Speaking & Breakouts
- Mentoring & Masterminds
- Business Growth Consulting & Advisory
NEXT STEPS WITH KEVIN
- Would you like to discuss Sales Training or Business Growth possibilities ?
- Would you like to discuss plans for an upcoming Workshop or Conference?
- Maybe an Online Consultation to discuss a challenging Business issue or review your website?
SUGGESTED ACTIONS TO TAKE
- Book a “1 on 1” Session for an Online Meeting about your Business or upcoming Conference
Book Evolve3 Function Sales Workshops here
If you would just like a chat or have any suggestions for this website please contact us
www.bighat.com.au (c) 2022