ONLINE WEBMARKETING STRATEGY CHECKLIST for a Function Venue or Event Centre
Using a Structured Online Approach to Get More Event, Function and Wedding Enquiries
A good webmarketing strategy can help you generate more high quality, pre-qualified prospect Event & Function enquiries for your Venue or Property.
The more pre-qualified your prospect BEFORE they contact you, the EASIER it is to convert them into a booking.
So STOP WASTING YOUR TIME with poor quality leads and let the internet help deliver better, qualified prospects.
VENUE WEBMARKETING CHECKLIST
- Set Your WEB OBJECTIVES – Know Your Outcomes for Venue Sales, Enquiries, Website Visits
- Know Your OFFER – What Functions & Events do you really want to offer?
- Define Your IDEAL TARGET MARKET & BUYER PERSONAS – WHO are the likely buyers at different times of the year?
- Maximise your GOOGLE MY BUSINESS Listing – info, photos & regular posts (rank in Local Maps)
- DIRECTORY LISTINGS – Get listed in the many web directories (Free and paid)
- Study Your COMPETITORS (and find out what Differentiates Yourself)
- Explore Your LOCAL AREA (Identify potential Alliances like attractions/accom)
- Work with PARTNERS (JVs) – who else has a database or newsletter to use?
- Develop Your CONTENT STRATEGY – words, pics, video
- Get more PHOTOS & VIDEOS – food, venue, staff, events – IMAGES CONVERT
- Decide on your best DOMAIN NAMES – .com and .com.au
- Analyse your WEB STATS – Look at Google Analytics
- Decide your TARGET KEYWORDS – what do prospects search for?
- Develop your WEBSITE CONTENT and WEB COPY to convert
- DOCUMENTS ONLINE – Booking forms, Menus, Room Plans, Guest lists, AV specs
- Master SEO – ONPAGE (Tags), OFFPAGE (Links) and Technical SEO (see Neil Patel website)
- SOCIAL MEDIA Strategy & Promotion – Insta, FB, Pinterest etc
- INSTAGRAM Posts, Stories etc etc
- BLOGGING – Articles,Listicles and Videos – Guest Blogs
- LANDING PAGES – Make a Squeeze page offer to collect emails – offer an Ebook
- WORK YOUR CRM & DATABASE – E- Newsletters / SMS / Calls
- Maximise REVIEW SITES & INDUSTRY DIRECTORY PORTALS
- BACKLINKING STRATEGIES from High quality Sites- post useful articles elsewhere
- GOOGLE ADWORDS (For Events)
- YOUTUBE CHANNEL & YOUTUBE SEO to rank your videos
- ONLINE RESERVATIONS & PAYMENT SYSTEMS
- WEBSITE CHAT – Click to Call / Zopim / Live chat or Podium
- INSTA STORIES & FB LIVE Streaming and Native Video on all social channels
- AUTOMATED MARKETING for followup and nurturing enquiries
- NEW! – VOICE SEARCH (FAQs) for Siri and Google Home, Podcasting, Chatbots
- NEW! – PODIUM for text conversation management and easier getting of Reviews
ABOUT THE BLOG AUTHOR – David Staughton CSP
Big Hat Professional Services can help you grow your hospitality business and improve your Function Event & Wedding Sales. David & Kevin can help you!
David Staughton CSP is an award-winning International keynote speaker, and experienced Small Business consultant. With over 15 years ‘hands on’ experience in the Hospitality industry, he speaks and consults on a wide range of hospitality business improvement in the areas of sales, staffing, service and strategy.
Kevin Kosky is a skilled business communications trainer. He is a specialist on inbound phone skills, presentation skills and delivering sales presentations. Kevin is an expert teacher of face to face communication skills like sales, supervision, and presentation skills.
If you would like to receive more Great IDEAS, NEWS & BLOGS for growing your hospitality business or the events industry please sign up to our e-newsletter.
You can also download some of the free HOSPITALITY E-BOOKS available on this website
This BLOG is a work in progress – If you have any suggestions please call Hospitality Expert David Staughton on 0408375100 or contact us
If you would like to improve your Venue Results or learn how to sell stacks more Functions & Events all year round come to a HOSPITALITY TRAINING WORKSHOP
www.bighat.com.au © David Staughton 2020 – All rights reserved