2020 SEO Tips to get a Higher Google Ranking for Your Event Venue or Hospitality Website
Google wants to give users the best possible search and website experience by providing the best quality content.
The BEST websites do more work on their Content and Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) and get the highest Google rankings.
LATEST GOOGLE SEARCH TRENDS FOR VENUES
- Event Buyers are searching using different devices – mobile, tablet, laptop – especially using mobile devices
- Voice Search is increasing – Prospects are asking longer, more detailed search questions using assistants like Siri and Google Home – make sure you have their questions and answers on your website
- Your Local Google Maps listing is critical – update your Google My Business Listing, post regularly and get more Google Reviews
- Aim to get the Google Snippet (Featured spot) – use schema and phrases on your website
- It’s about the website post-click activity – what do visitors do on your website – attract and keep more traffic
- Only 4 Google Adwords AD listings are showing above the organic search – If you run Adwords – use Extended listings
BEST SEO IDEAS FOR YOUR VENUE WEBSITE TO RANK HIGHER ON GOOGLE – A CHECKLIST
- IMPROVE YOUR WEBSITE LOAD SPEED – Use faster Website hosting like AWS or Cloudflare, faster lloading Images, a lighter WP template and easy menu design help
- MOBILE RESPONSIVENESS & Friendliness – embed more links to other pages and make sure your website looks good and works well on mobile devices
- INTERNAL & EXTERNAL LINKS – More Cross Linking across pages in your website. Highlight “Cornerstone Content” pages/blogs.
- VIDEOS – use more videos on your website pages to explain the content on the page
- FAQs – answer lots of common FAQs on every page
- BACKLINKING – links from sites of quality (high DA) – NOT crappy paid links
- REGULAR BLOGGING – write quality articles that engage users – comments ON
- PAGES UPDATED & REFRESHED regularly – update your best blogs – 20% update every 2 months
- PHOTO work – resized, alt text, descriptions – to be found more easily
- METATAGS OPTIMISED – descriptions on all pages with Title/Descriptions using keywords so that prospects click on your Google listing
- MATCHING KEYWORDS up top and left edge – Header 1 level
- FACEBOOK interaction with website (Social Media Posts feeds website visitation)
- E-NEWSLETTER promote articles with links back to blog – (Direct feed to website)
- ANY SITE ISSUES RESOLVED – Redirects broken pages and links (No 404 page not found) – use SEMRUSH
- LOCAL SEO – Upgrade your Google My Business listings (post regularly & get more Reviews too)
- Be Found in the MEDIA – Use Stories and links from Quality News Sites give you great backlinks
- Reduced BOUNCE RATE – aim for improved readability – use headers §ions for easy scan
- ADWORDS ADS – keywords match the landing page displayed (Reduced Bounce rate)
- Improved DWELL TIME – use longer pages and pictures (1200-1800 words)
- Better Use of SEARCH KEYWORDS PREDICATES e.g. Best, top, leading, award winning
- Offer DOWNLOADABLES – use checklists, guides, e-book, videos
- More ORIGINAL UNIQUE Content – try Videos, Pictures or Copy – Avoid duplication to avoid penalties
- SOCIAL NETWORK CREDIBILITY – Being active on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube
- QUALITY BACKLINKING – Contextual mentions in News Media, GMB, Directories, & Suppliers
ABOUT THE BLOG AUTHOR – David Staughton CSP
Big Hat Professional Services can help you grow your hospitality business and improve your Function Event & Wedding Sales. David & Kevin can help you!
David Staughton CSP is an award-winning International keynote speaker, and experienced Small Business consultant. With over 15 years ‘hands on’ experience in the Hospitality industry, he speaks and consults on a wide range of hospitality business improvement in the areas of sales, staffing, service and strategy.
Kevin Kosky is a skilled business communications trainer. He is a specialist on inbound phone skills, presentation skills and delivering sales presentations. Kevin is an expert teacher of face to face communication skills like sales, supervision, and presentation skills.
If you would like to receive more Great IDEAS, NEWS & BLOGS for growing your hospitality business or the events industry please sign up to our e-newsletter.
You can also download some of the free HOSPITALITY E-BOOKS available on this website
This BLOG is a work in progress – If you have any suggestions please call Hospitality Expert David Staughton on 0408375100 or contact us
If you would like to improve your Venue Results or learn how to sell stacks more Functions & Events all year round come to a HOSPITALITY TRAINING WORKSHOP
www.bighat.com.au © David Staughton 2020 – All rights reserved