Ideas and Resources to help Your Hospitality Business or Wedding Venue during the Co-Vid19 Crisis
The spread of the Corona Virus has decimated the Hospitality, Venues, Weddings, Events, Conference and Travel industries.
The situation continues to change daily.
Initially, the plan was to “postpone don’t cancel events” – now many venues are looking at months of lockdown and then a slow business environment & events recovery phase.
Here are some strategies that may help in the short and medium term ….
Strategies for Tough Times during the Corona Virus Crisis
- Adopt a “calm and caring” mindset – work on being a better leader & parent in these tough times
- Extreme Money Management – Secure your income & future cashflow – prepare to PIVOT yourself to do what you can
- Expense reduction strategies – review and cut your expenses and outgoings
- Assess Staff reduction options – standing down, reducing days, working from home
- Making a difference – Helping out others and being a humanitarian – R U Ok?
- Securing your supplies and your supply chain
- Watch your cash – collect debts, avoid extending credit, money from ATO and Govt Grants
- Consider your Marketing and Content Creation activities during the lockdown & downturn
- Find future sales opportunities – find your NEW market focus and prepare for post Corona
This is an excellent list of hospo resources during the crisis by Dani Valent.
Weddings Industry & Corona Virus Cv 19
Impact of Co-Vid 19 on Weddings & Venues
- https://www.linkedin.com/posts/activity-6645664972871467008-xBF9 – Kelly Mortimer UK expert
- https://www.thinksplendid.com/blog/tag/COVID (great blogs on COVID from Think Splendid USA)
Alan Berg – Wedding Expert Webinar – 10 proactive things you can do now (for Corona)
Professional Conference Organiser Strategies for Corona Virus Crisis
Dealing with Postponing Events
CoVid and the Events Industry
Hotels Industry Strategies for Corona Virus
STR Co-VID 19 Presentation on impact on Hotel industry
Insolvency Solutions for Corona Virus
Insolvency – New Safeharbour Laws may help you
DG institute – Preparing for Insolvency & Protecting Your Assets
Hope these resources Help!
Any feedback welcome – Best Wishes!
ABOUT THE BLOG AUTHOR – David Staughton CSP CCEO
Big Hat Professional Services can help you grow your hospitality business and improve your Function Event & Wedding Sales. David & Kevin can help you!
David Staughton CSP is an award-winning International keynote speaker, and experienced Small Business consultant. With over 15 years ‘hands on’ experience in the Hospitality industry, he speaks and consults on a wide range of hospitality business improvement in the areas of sales, staffing, service and strategy.
Kevin Kosky is a skilled business communications trainer. He is a specialist on inbound phone skills, presentation skills and delivering sales presentations. Kevin is an expert teacher of face to face communication skills like sales, supervision, and presentation skills.
If you would like to receive more Great IDEAS, NEWS & BLOGS for growing your hospitality business or the events industry please sign up to our e-newsletter.
You can also download some of the free HOSPITALITY E-BOOKS available on this website
This BLOG is a work in progress – If you have any suggestions please call Hospitality Expert David Staughton on 0408375100 or contact us
If you would like to improve your Venue Results or learn how to sell stacks more Functions & Events all year round come to a HOSPITALITY TRAINING WORKSHOP
www.bighat.com.au © David Staughton 2020 – All rights reserved